Aa
A
A
Close
alternative treatments for SE of chemo
I have uterine and peri-aortic cancer due to both squamous cell and sarcoma.  I am on taxol and carboplastin which cause me to have severe bone pain and horrible muscle spass throughout my entire body.  Traditional meds have not helped and I would like to look at the possibility of added alternative treatments.Would herbs, nutritional therapy or accupuncture help?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Acupuncture can be tried without much problem, but for any kind of supplement you'd need to know how they interact with what you're taking and you have to avoid anything that cleanses the liver, since your drugs are liver toxic (virtually all drugs are, but especially ones that target cancer).  Cancer drugs intentionally damage the system in the hope they will "kill" the cancer cells and the body will repair itself afterward.  Because of this, only someone with expertise can really advise you, such as a physician who practices integrated medicine or a naturopath.  It's much harder to mix drugs with natural remedies than it is to use on or the other.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
would accupressure help the spass or the bone pain?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Alternative Therapies Community Resources