Alternative Therapies Community
how many marijuana-only related deaths?

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

how many marijuana-only related deaths?

none, ever, in recorded history.  not one.  zero.
It depends which way you look at it. Mercenaries in Africa still use it before going on the attack. They are paid to kill people, aren't they? And let's not forget the origin of the word "assassin."
No, not marijuana-only related deaths. None that I know of anyway.
However, marijuana often leads to the use of stronger drugs. That's
the danger. The use of marijuana can also affect your memory and
apparently it can make you paranoid.
I think you're confusing hashish with marijuana.  Same plant, with much different intensity of active ingredients.  But there is, historically, much question whether they actually used hashish or not, so the word assassin may just be a racial slur.  If you've ever used hashish, it's hard to imagine having the energy to assassinate someone!  
Marijuana doesn't "lead" to stronger drugs.  This is propaganda.  The fact somebody uses marijuana does indicate a proclivity to use drugs, but people usually have some pharmaceutical product as their first drug, chocolate second, coffee or tea third, and alcohol way before they get to marijuana, and if there wasn't any marijuana they'd start with something else.  The key is availability and cost -- in South America the first drug is likely to be coca leaf, not marijuana, in Africa khat, in Polynesia kava, etc.  Life leads to stronger drugs, not any particular substance.
Hello Paxiled,

I was just sharing what I had heard from someone else i.e. that marijuana
can lead to stronger drugs. You say this statement is propaganda.
Okay then. Message received.
I know that one is much stronger than the other. Same family though. And the African mercenaries (mostly from Guinea Bissau) use it in this day and age, as I stated above. I know this because I have known them.

As to the "Hashisheen" (Assassins), these date from 11th century Persia, and are well documented.

I am not suggesting that weed makes you homicidal.  Just adding a little colorful information.
This is, of course way off point of this forum, but just for fun, nobody actually knows for sure where the name assassin came from.  It was a group believed to have formed in Egypt, but made its name mainly in Syria and Persia as a, and this should sound familiar, shia vs sunni thing.  They followed the Koran very strictly, and therefore used no intoxicants but instead used what we think of as modern spycraft by planting sleepers in the places where they intended to commit their murders.  It is believed that they were tied to hashish because of Christian biased accounts of Muslims, as this occurred mostly during the Crusades.  One of the advantages of having professors who were from that part of the world, though unlike you my circle of acquaintances don't extend to assassins and mercenaries.
Was I one of those professors?
No comment.  I've been snarky enough!  So, you taught history and political science?  I almost became a professor, but decided to move on to other things.  In hindsight, probably a mistake, but then, my life is full of them!
Peace.