Alternative Therapies Community
hypovolemia

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

hypovolemia

Are there any treatments (natural, homeopathic, nutritional) for hypovolemia (low blood volume)
Just googled this -- there are some treatments on one site, probably others as well.  But the real question is, why do you have it?  Sites all suggest there has to be a cause for it; addressing the cause addresses the problem.  Low blood sugar is mentioned, internal bleeding, heart defects, dehydration.  So if the cause is internal bleeding, that has to be found and repaired.  If dehydration, you need liquids.  One suggested treatment is oxygen, which would also point to chlorophyll.  Chlorophyll has the same basic molecular structure as hemoglobin, and supplies oxygen to the blood.  But again, seems the treatment here is in the cause.
It began after I gave birth to my daughter in August 2007.  I was given a blood transfusion at the time, but it continues to remain low.  My doctor wants me to have another transfusion, but I wanted to see if I could build it up.  I have been aniemic for a while. No internal bleeding, no heart defects, and I make the effort to drink a lot of H2O.
I know a little about Chlorophyll; (information I got from my mother), she is ordering me some liquid chlorophyll. If there is anymore information on this please let me know, and THANK YOU very much for responding.
For the anemia you might try a product called herbal iron by Floradix.  Iron is difficult to assimilate, and this one seems to be well absorbed.  You should probably look into B12 supplementation as well.  Foods high in iron couldn't hurt, such as parsley, beets, nettles, dandelion greens, blackstrap molasses, and of course organ meats.  And in addition to taking chlorophyll, you might also look into spirulina, very high in chlorophyll as well as B12 and some iron, wheatgrass again as a food source of chlorophyll, and seaweed for easily assimilable minerals.  Good luck.
These breathing techniques known as pranayam, will increase the oxygen supply in the body and help in fixing the body systems and in turn increase the blood volume gradually.Do not give up the pranayam, as the benefit is gradual.Eat lots of green vegetables and other supplements suggested by Paxiled.Come back to report your progress, so others may benefit as well.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Thanks for the information, will try and report back on progress.
My son just had a recent episode of hypovolemic shock.due to dehydration. This can be very dangerous. I have posted about it in a thread titled "anxiety and cardiac arrest" if you would like to read it. I put it there because initially we thought it was a heart problem. Stress can play a part in it as the dr explained to us.