Alternative Therapies Community
sinus and ear infection

WELCOME TO THE ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Acupuncture, Aromatherapy, Biofeedback, Chelation Therapy, Chinese Medicine, Dance-Movement Therapy, Medical Marijuana, Feng Shui, Heliotherapy, Reflexology, Unani, Vitamin Therapy, and Yoga Therapy.

sinus and ear infection

Hello everyone. I have an ongoing sinus and ear infection. It is now trying to move into my lungs(bronchitis).

I have had 2 rounds of Levaquin, an injection of Rocephin and dexamethazone and it is STILL not clearing up. I hated to take those antibiotics in the first place. They are always a LAST LAST resort for me. Probiotics have been taken for the issue these cause, but does anyone know of anything else I can try that will work. I am supposed to go back to the dr tomorrow but I just don't want another round of antibiotics.
are any of the drugs you mentioned also known as a   Z-pak? if not have the doctor prescribe
the Z-pax  that's what I get when I have a sinus and ear infection. it works for me
These yog pranayam techniques will naturally help with sinus and ear problem.You will notice gradual benefits.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two middle fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed. Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
While doing anulom vilom, keep your eyes closed, concentrate on the third eye (point in between the eyebrows).

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 21  times.

The tips of all fingers have sinus pressure points – so press these points 10 to 40 times.
Press the ear point 40 times daily.(Point on the palm of your hand, between little finger and ring finger).
Thank you so much. that is great info. Will try each of them.

Thanks for the tip, but I have already gone 2 rounds of VERY strong antibiotics and want to try something natural.