vit b complex
hi everyone could you please tell me if b complex vitamins help stress and anxiety allso vitamin c im trying the natural way instead of librium the doctor gave me i would be gratefull for any advice thank you all.
For a more complete answer read the book Natural Highs by Hyla Cass, a psychiatrist at UCLA.  Taking what's called a stress B is good for helping the body adapt to stress, but it's unlikely if your anxiety is severe enough to require a benzo that merely taking vitamin Bs would do the trick unless you're quite deficient in the most important ones to the nervous system, mostly B6, B12, niacinamide.  It's good to take a stress B, because it's balanced toward the Bs most important for the nervous system and also will contain Vitamin C.  But I think you'll need more than just Bs, most likely.
thank you for your advice my doctor did say take as and when needed for the librium so if i could try and help myself as well i will feel better as im scared of getting addicted. i have read about so many people on b compex i thought i would give it a try i think i am starting to get a little better i had someone break into my home while i was in the house last year and im only just getting over it i know it will take time thank you again for your help take care pengi07.
Try taking ashwagandha, which is very soothing. If your adrenals are out of whack, this herb will regularize them. When I started on ashwagandha I stopped Xanax (which I was taking for anxiety and panic attacks). It won't harm you and might work.
thank you i will try anything to help i have heard about ashwagandha in fact i have bought some tablets called stressaway and this is in the ingredients along with a few other things i am just worried about taking to much of a good thing. take care from pengi07
I take the plain ashwagandha. As a rule I do not mix supplements because I want to know how each one effects me separately. It is possible that in a mixture there might be something  that does not agree with you and which negates the good of something else.
i will get some plain aswagandha and try that i was just telling someone else on the forum i have to be carefull as i have epilepsy and rhumatoid arthritis so i think there going hand in hand with anxiety now to top it all doctor says i have high cholesterol so going to try some lecithin as i reas thats good as well thank you for getting back to me take care.
B-Complexes: that failed

Isotonix Advanced B Complex (powder, 1 capful [3.3 grams], 1 per day)
Dist. by Market America, Inc
Found no detectable B-6, only 53.1% of claimed biotin, and 79.5% of claimed folic acid

Kirkland Signature B-100 Hi-Energy Complex (1 delayed release tablet, 1 per day)
Dist. by Costco Wholesale Corporation
Found only 17.9% of claimed B-12

Energy Drinks/Shots that failed

5-hour Energy - Berry (liquid, 1 bottle [2 fl oz - 59 mL], 1/2 to 2 per day)
Dist. by Living Essentials, LLC
Found only 75.5% of claimed folic acid
Found More Caffeine Than Expected: 206.5 mg per bottle

Stacker 2 6 Hour Power Extreme Energy Shot - Very Berry (liquid, 1 bottle [2 fl oz - 60 mL], 1/2 to 4 per day)
Mfd. by NVE Pharmaceuticals
Found only 40.4% of claimed folic acid
Found More Caffeine Than Expected:
156.0 mg per bottle

Librium has a lot of negative effects and should be avoided rigorously in favor of alternate, safer means. Try fish oil to reduce stress. Vitamin B and C supplements may help but fish oil I feel is more effective.