53 years old and losing cognitive function. AD or something else?
My mother will be 53 next month. Over the last couple of years or so, I've noticed a bit of a decline in her cognitive skills. Her memory, problem-solving and decision-making skills seem to be deteriorating a little and I worry it could be something bad. I have suggested she look into it, but she thinks she's not old enough for these to be symptoms of anything and just dismisses it as her being generally aloof. I think 53 is pretty young for alzheimers, but is there anything else it could be? Should she see a doctor?

She has also recently been diagnosed with arthritis in her lower back, and has been taking tamoxifen for a few years now, following the removal of a pre-cancerous mass in her left breast. I'm not sure if any of this matters, but I'm not a doctor so I don't know what might be connected.

Thank you to anyone who can help.
Hi! ftd or frontal lobe dementia starts before 65.  40's-65 yr of age. Did her personality change or reasoning isn't there that is the main thing that my husband show.  forgeting where things was and doing things different than normal.  things that he done for so long was harder for him to do.  Do get her to go in.  Also age does affect everyone.  

rbcf