Anesthesia increase confustion in Elderly
My mother is 80 years old; she experiences bouts of confusion and incorrect word association.  While she has not been diagnosed, I am under the assumption that this is sundowners or the onset of Alzheimer’s.  

Recently her eye Doctor has recommended to plastic surgery to repair Ectropion.  My fear is the anesthesia will increase her confusion and sundowner symptoms.  Will being under anesthesia cause acceleration of the confusion?  Is the surgery worth the risk?
wow wish i could give you the right answer but i cant. am so sorry i really dont know anything about the surgery and what it could do, i would ask her dr and you can always go and talk to the dr who will be givingher the Anesthesia., they can tell you . plus i know my mom has had servel surgeries and has not had a problem with it, but shes been confused so could not tell.
If this is a concern, have them use a local, if possible. Remember, however, that after surgery they will give her pain killers. These may make her loopy and she may sound whacky. I had an accident earlier this year and after surgery hallucinated to the amusement of my children. It was the narcotics. Eventually I got all my marbles back. I am 82.