Alzheimer's Disease Community
Hallucinations - yikes!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

Hallucinations - yikes!

Hi, I'm 69 yr. old female who has recently had 3 hallucinations as I'm waking up in AM.  Also seeing "aluminum snowflakes" while riding my bike.  Pharmacist checked my meds, everything OK there.My mom & her mom both died of Alzheimers. Any connections?  Time to see a neurologist?
Have you seen your primary doctor? I would start there and get in with a neuro as soon as you can.

Has anyone suggested genetic testing? If you care too, there is testing you can pay for yourself - 23andme - it costs about us$100 and covers many things including Alzheimer's.

sorry your going threw this. hum, i have not heard of this in the early stages of alz, now i know it comes with it but i though futher down the road
how old was your grandmother and mom when they got it?

i would say talk to your dr see what he/she thinks, are you forgetting things?  do you find yourself repeating yourself?  that was our first clue mom had it.

i am sure you know the signs since you have been threw it with your family so i would talk to dr maybe have a mri done see where that is, if you want to know.

please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing . Blessings your way , Heart
Did you have a fever when you were hallucinating?  It is quite common to hallucinate with high fevers and when suddenly woken up from sleep.

With the "aluminium snowflakes" that you see whilst riding your bike, I suggest you see your doctor to check your blood level for anaemia and B12 deficiency.

Best wishes
There are quite a few reasons why people hallucinate.  You need to see your doctor.  He needs to refer you for tests.  Don't assume it's AD, or another dementia.

Was this in the evening?  Have you had other visions or hallucinations?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucination

This link looks good, it seems to be a pretty extensive list.  But, you still need to go see your doctor.  Good luck!!