Is he dying?? - Please Answer
Two weeks ago, my grandfather seemed to be following his "normal" route of progressing alzheimer's. Some days were better than others. All of sudden, his blood pressure dropped, his kidney's starting failing, he's defecating and urinating on himself more than normal, he can't speak (he only cries and mumbles words), and now he chokes on and vomits any food the hospital tries to give him. My grandmother signed a DNR and living will, so feeding tubes are out. They gave him so fluids and his kidneys are doing a little better, but thats about it. In your honest opinion, is this the end? I know it's different for everyone, but how much longer do you think he has? He's 85 and was diagnosed about 8 years ago
am so sorry for your pain , and that your going throught this. my mom also has this and shes had for 6 years, its getting harder to deal with now and so scarey and sad.  i dont think anyone can say hes dieing . what are the drs saying about it . if he dont drink/eat yes his organs will start shutting down.  your a great granddaughter for stickig it out with him and being there for him, i know deep down he knows what you are doing for him. ya are in my prayers tonight. Barbara