Not Eating - Body Shutting Down?
Mom was doing fine (except for a little delusional story last week).  But the last week she complained of diarrhea, though with as much as she had eaten (very little) she probably couldn't have had it as long as she said.  Also one day in a.m. she said she had diarrhea, the in p.m. said she was constipated.  At night when my dad and I watch tv she just lays on couch with strange look in her eyes (like she's starring off into space).  The last couple days she's basically refusing to eat - though I can get some her to eat some ice cream.  

From what I've read on internet it sounds like her body is shutting down-------- "Nerve cell death eventually steals the ability to recognize thirst or hunger.   A dying patient commonly loses interest in eating and drinking, and you should no longer worry about nutrition and hydration.  The person’s organ systems are shutting down and can no longer process nutrients."

Mom really doesn't have alot of the other symptoms of the "severe stage" - only issues are what I've described above: one delusional story, saying she has diarrhea (can't confirm this), blank stare, a little aggression, and starting to refuse to eat.

Is she starting the downward cycle?  Is her body shutting down?  
I cared for my mom and that is what I experienced with her.  I was trying to shove liquids into her because I knew her body needed them.  Wasn't a good thing.  She inhaled it rather then drinking it and some jello got into her lungs.  I'm so sorry - I know it's sooo hard so see your mom that way!!!