alzheimer
what is nursing careplan for alzheimer
I am very sorry to hear about your situation. Your care plan really depends on the family. Is the family willing and able to keep their loved one at home? Can they take time to be with them or pay to have some one with them and care for them 24/7? Are they willing to make sacrafices to take care of their loved one? These are all very important questions that they need to be honest with themselves. I have dealt wit
sorry. hit the wrong button. Anyways, I have dealt with 2 loved ones that have alzheimers. My grandpa passed away due to complications of the disease but he lived for 10 years with the disease. My family opted to keep him at home and believe me it wasn't easy. He eventually had to go in a home for 2 years before he passed due to the fact that he was completely unable to help us take care of himself. He could not walk or talk and he needed more help than what we could do. However, we went and fed him everyday and went to see him everyday. You really have to be emotionally strong in order to care for someone with this disease. As the disease progresses they become mean and say hateful things things and you can't take it personally because they don't know what they are saying. Basically this disease makes them revert back to childhood and eventually back to a baby state. My husbands grandma is the other loved one with the disease and she is now starting to get worse. She still recognizes us and our children but her short term memory is fading. So she can't remember what you told her 5 minutes ago. The family has her on medicine to try and slow the process but as of yet there is no cure. They have chosen to struggle to pay people to be with her during the week and everyone takes turns on the weekend taking care of her. Including cooking for her, helping her use the restroom, bathing her, going shopping, and everything else that comes with caring for someone who can't do it anymore. I am very sorry to hear about your situation. Be strong and if you ever need to talk I am here. I hope I have shed some light on the situation. Take Care and God Bless!