Alzheimer's Disease Community
alzheimers

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

alzheimers

Why do Alzheimer's Disease cannot cure?
hi, sad to say there is no cure RIGHT now, but they are working on one everyday, so praying in the near future they can find one.

so what we do is they have meds that will help slow it down, keep you or your love ones going.

eat good mind foods and always try and learn something everyday. play puzzles .read, stay active that helps. get your rest and live each day being happy.
Hi to both of you.

There's no official "medical" cure for Alzheimer's.
But there's a cure for Alzheimer's ( At least in the initial stages of the disease)
Treatment of amyloidosis associated with Alzheimer disease, using ketone
bodies, have been "unofficially" treating  Alzheimer's successfully.
It is sad to say that because of lack of profit potential, Pharmaceuticals are not interested to invest huge money, to do the clinical trials required in order to bring this treatment to market as an approved drug.
Just do a search for the following (patented):
Use of medium chain triglycerides for the treatment and prevention of alzheimer's disease and other diseases resulting from reduced neuronal metabolism II.
I have saved information on a more recent patent as well (which is going nowhere anytime soon, due to the lack of profits again!)
If you are interested, let me know and I will dig it out when I get a chance.
Unfortunately, the entire system is profit and not patient driven!
Cheers!
Niko