Alzheimer's Disease Community
could this be dementia?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

could this be dementia?

I'm a 28 year old male, i've had anxiety and ocd for 17 years. About 3 years ago i drank alot one night and in the morning my ability to articulate my thoughts was not good. I never recovered completely from that. For the last year i've been doing alot better and my brain has been working well. But 2 weeks ago i was smoking a cig and i felt out of breath my heart was pounding and i was very lightheaded. I felt very spaced out since this happened plus my memory and thinking ability has been diminshing. I went to the er 2 days ago and of course the doc dismised it for anxiety. Well my memory and problem solving skills are not going back to were they use to be. I'm afraid i had a stroke which caused brain damage, or could this be an early onset dementia. I hope someone could give me advice Thanks.
i would say the drs are right . anxiety can do many things to you, and all you h ave said yes i belive its anxiety.   i dont belive its Dementia, it comes on slow and it does not get better or go away.

anxiety can cause you to forget a lot and it makes your heart pound and beat very fast. read on the anxiety site and you will see all your having is very common with stress/anxiety/panic.

hope this helps you out. if still feelingbad go get a full check up from head to toe than you will feel better knowing your body is healthy and mind, its just anxiety.
Thank you for your advice. I've experienced kind of brain fog symptoms in the past associated to anxiety, but this seems different i having trouble recalling what happened yesterday, plus trying to figure out grocery shopping has become difficult. I hope it anxiety because if this does not get better i don't know what to do. But thank you for your advice and reassurance, I'm going to try to see a neurologist, hopefully he can figure out whats going on.
i to have been where your at, and even to this day if i forget something, i get really nerves about it and than i start to forget more, the more you have on your mind the more you will foget. and yes on the fog i felt a little like that today. so yes get checked but am sure your just fine keep in touch.