Alzheimer's Disease Community
meds that helped my mom

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

meds that helped my mom

i took care of my mom through her last years of alzeimers.  she could get a little agressive.  im small weigh about100.  the last time we went to the hospital we got a new doctor.  he put her on buspar.  this changed her and made her less violent.  it made it easier on both of us.  i loved her so much i still cry for her.  she was my mom first then my best friend.  wish i was still with her.  i will join her some day.
God Bless you for taking care of your mother . i to went threw what you did, my mom would get very mean and agressive at time. and i knew it was not her my mom was such a sweet laid back lady. we to put her on meds to calm her  and they helped a lot. my mom will be gone 4 months oct 5th. i still cry and miss her so much, dont think that will ever go away. hang in there and enjoy the memories you have of spending time with her and knowing you was a great daughter that took her threw this and helped her to reach the end with peace and love.
you have a long name.  I am so proud that you took care of your mom.  I know it was not easy.  but it was rewarding to your heart.  everyone was against me.  I put my foot down and said we are going home.  we were together 6 years.  I loved every minute.  she had a clear mind sometimes.  the buspar helped so much.  I doesn't get any easier I miss my mom so much. I always will .  thank you mandy876
lol sorry on long name lol it was the one i choose years ago when i was havingheart flutters , wish it was shorter to lol, i should just go by Heart .

we share a love that will stay with us forever . our Mother and being there for them. what a joy and Blessing it was for me as well as you.  Its a time in our lives we will never forget, there were very sad times, mad times, confused time for me but there was so much love at times that my heart is over filled, oh yes i miss my mom so bad and at times i can almost reach out and feel her love, my mom in the end did not talk much she lost her words but she knew how to love us and that was threw her Hands, she would hold our hands from the time we got near her she was reaching for us and rubbing our hands . i took pics of us with mom and her hands holding ours , i cant wait to one day grab her sweet hand again and feel it wrap around mine.

thank you for letting me also share my love for my mom and the joy it was to give back to someone who gave so much of her life. GOD BLESS YOU . always here to talk