Alzheimer's Disease Community
my mom

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

my mom

my mom has had this for about 4 years all was ok , last week she started asking questions about her family that are gonee, like today was up-set because she didnt tell her mom by today , she said they stayed the night with her when she got up they were gone... her moms been dead for year now. do i go along with this or tell her they were never here or what. i dont want to confuse her more than she is.   she still knows me she lives with me but yesterday she thought we was visiting her in fla,    so do i agree with her or what thank you for all the help
Others may have differant views but personally I would go along with her, if her memory is poor she wont remember you telling her anything differant, so let her think and  feel what makes her comfortable, go along with it and comfort her. Thats what she needs, caring and comfort ,Good Luck ....its good she is at home .thats the best thing for her ....
my grandpa will say things like that. We found it easier to go along with it because if we don't he will argue and say we are calling him a liar.

At this point it is what is easier for you.
thank ya , i have been going along with what she says. its getting harder on me and breaking my heart . today she didnt want to go to her home because she didnt think she lived there .

not sure what stage shes in but does anyone know what to expect and how long . is she in middle part of this  just not sure , is there any good books i can get and read to maybe help her get throught this. all the help is welcome.Barbara
look up Alzehiemers on google you will find many wonderful sights with each stage what to expect and how long they last. From there you should be able to determine which one she is in and how long it will last.
thank you for info i will look it up.
If you go back to the forums page you will see we also have an expert/Doctor Alzheimers forum, there is a great Doc on there will be able to give you more information, let us know how she is doing, my mom had a form of dementia from being a chronic diabetic ,she l;ived with my brother for a while I know that if your Mom  can stay with family it is the best thing you will ever do, you will beforever glad you did look after her yourself.
When my mom asks where her mom is, my dad tells her "Lois, my mom and your mom both passed away 4 years ago. she gets still and shows some sadness, but she excepts his answer. a few moments later she doesn't even remember the exchange anyway.
just go along with what shes saying because sometimes it gets them more upset to correct them I work at a care facility and care for some residents with Alzheimers.They can be a handful but it is also rewarding.joyce559
thank you joyce i do, i found out its not worth the worry or to keep telling her different, she is a blessing to have with me and i try and take each hour as it comes, i take her out to get her out of house some days harder than others but i know its no life sitting in a house. shes gotton worse since i wrote the last time and now she really dont know who my hubby is and she thinks her husband is her dad, its such a sad Diease to get am praying i do not get it . thanks for advice. Barbara