Alzheimer's Disease Community
my mom

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

my mom

Sad to say but i lost my MOM to this terrible diease, june 5th, she started getting it at 64 and she was 72 when she passed,,  i had some great years with her as she lived with me and passed in my home, i miss her so much everyday, but would not take a min away from what i had to do for her.

my mom was very sweet and never said a wrong thing to anyone. but with alz she became someone i didnt know, so plz if you have a love one with this dont hold anything they do againest them, they are still the same sweet person you once had, they can not help what it does to them how it changes them, they sill love you no matter what they say. its not them.

love your family while they are here , hug and touch them and let them know your there for them, as i did my mom in the end she loved us threw her hands, always touching us, rubbing our arms holding our hands, thats the only thing she knew to do.

i sit by her bed and hold her hands , she knew we was there and thats so inportant that they dont feel all along , my mom had her days she was very scared but never knew of what. was it that she knew she was dying or just scared we will never know but i loved her threw it, i took mt mom to the end of her journey of life and let her pass on to be with our LORD. i will see her again one day until than i will remember her SMILE and her sweet face, her touch of love, my heart is broken but praising our LORD shes free from that bed and the pain. LOVE YOU MOM

I wanted you to know that I truly believe your Mom knows you were there with her and still knows you love her and always will.  So sorry your Mom has passed away.

C~