Alzheimer's Disease Community
no appetite

This forum is for questions and support regarding Alzheimer Disease basics, Daycare Centers, Caregivers, Confusion, Decision Making (Poor), Diagnosis, Family Issues, Home Care, Identification Methods, Judgment (Poor), Living with Alzheimer’s, Memory Loss, Nursing Home Care, Prevention, Treatment

no appetite

My mother 67 has this illness and these last few days she hasent had much appetite. She takes a few bites and shes done  is this from the same illneas?
hi, am so sorry your going threw this with your mom and prayers for your mom.     yes it does, my mom also eats very little shes a bone now, her legs are so so tiny, they really dont care to eat or drink and thats bad. been told by mom's nurse they just dont have a taste for anything as it gets futher along into it.

how long has your mom had it. my mom is in her 7th year now and shes been bed ridden for 4 months. her kidneys are trying to shut down as she does not put out a lot of pee now. i was told do not force them to eat or drink they can choke.  nurse says their body is not needing the food as much.   you can get her the insure to drink, its very good in vitiams and will help her from getting to weak.  hope ya had a good christmas and we are here if you need to talk. Barbara
This is her 4th almost 5th yr. I took her to the drs and he said exactly what u did. I got her the ensure. Vitamins and fluids. She eats only bit at a time. She made this no eating change suddenly like 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the advise i feel like im over my head. Im only 20 and none of my older brothers help me at all
your so young to be taking on such a job, yes we love our mothers but you do need some help. have you checked into her insurance to see if they will pay for help, like did she have long term insurance, is there a home health care group that can help you or someone who you canhire to help, its not easy doing it as i have had my mom 7 years with it but if i didnt get a break i would be insane myself.

we all love out parents and yes we need to help them out but dont forget about your health and life.

this is what my mom had to eat yesterday two bites of a ham sandwich and a glass of milk. nothing but could not get her to eat, today she might it great. just try and keep drinks in her so her kidneys will get what they need and yes insure is a great way for them to get what they need.

your doing a great job for being so young. GOD BLESS YOU and I hope your brothers can see you need help and start giving you some relief. if they cant do it them self than maybe they can pitch in some money for you to hire someone.