Alzheimer's Disease Expert Forum
tremors associated with alzheimers

This Ask-a-Doctor forum is for questions and information regarding Alzheimer's Disease.

tremors associated with alzheimers
My mother has alzheimers and is still functioning quite well.  We noticed about 2 weeks ago a pulsating in her upper leg.  It is constant and causes jerking motion in the leg.  When she is standing her leg shakes.  Is this a normal progression with Alzheimers?
About a third of Alzheimer's patients have been reported to develop a condition called myoclonus, which is similar to the sudden involuntary jerks and muscle twitches you may experience when falling asleep. The twitching could also be tremors or shaking .But I would suggest you to consult a neurologist to check whether there is another  cause of twitching and tremors besides Alzheimer’s disease . Please go for an MRI of the brain for the diagnosis . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !