Amputee - Orthopedic Rehabilitation Expert Forum
MRI Results explaination!
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Amputee & Orthopedic Rehab Forum. This is a place where members can post personal questions about this subject and receive answers from highly qualified physicians . Members can also find and share information and support with others who share their interest in amputee and orthopedic rehab, limb loss and prosthetics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI Results explaination!

Hi,
below are my results, can anyone tell me what they mean in laymans terms and whether or not I should expect surgery?  thanks!

Exam description: RIGHT MR LOWER EXT JOINT W/O CONTRAST

Indication: Effusion. Clicking. Difficulity with movement.

Technique: Coronal T1, coronal, sagittal and axial fat suppressed proton density imaging of the right knee.

Findings:  There is persistent complex tear of the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus with development of some of the attenuation of the meniscus (possibly postsurgical).  The ACL  is not identified in its expected location, suggesting persistent complete tear.  There is a moderate joint effusion.  There is mild bony spurring of the medial and lateral compartments.

The medial and lateral collateral ligaments, PCL and quadricepts and patellar tendons show no abnormalities.  

Impression: Cronic (chronic) ACL and lateral meniscal tears with development of some attenuation of the lateral meniscus (possibly postsurgical, recommended clinical correlation).  Moderate effusion.

BTW I have not had surgery on the knee so I am a bit confused about this post surgical thing!  I am going to see the Surgeon next week but I am just trying to see what I should expect to hear from him.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979