Amputee - Orthopedic Rehabilitation Expert Forum
Tendon pain, quinolone use, and exercise.
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Amputee & Orthopedic Rehab Forum. This is a place where members can post personal questions about this subject and receive answers from highly qualified physicians . Members can also find and share information and support with others who share their interest in amputee and orthopedic rehab, limb loss and prosthetics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tendon pain, quinolone use, and exercise.

I am a 40 year old male, no major medical problems. I took a 7 day course of 400mg Avelox about one month ago (April 5th). I have had a good amount of tendon pain mostly in left achilles and in tendons on top and bottom of arch of foot as well as some heel and knee pain. Again, like I said primarily left side. The achilles pain has subsided some, most of the pain and discomfort now is in the foot.

I have taken quinolones a few times in the past (Cipro) with either no pain or some pain that subsided quickly at or shortly after end of course (same with left leg/foot, I think). I have a history of kidney stones and prostatitis.

My question is how long should I expect this to last? Is it more likely that I have a rupture since I am having the tendinitis? When can I start doing some exercise (even if light) again, such as stationary bike, some upper body weights, etc?

I am not in a good place or position to see a physician right now. Some outlook and advice would be great. Thank you for reading and being here.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979