Anal Cancer Community
Ablues

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Ablues

Hi there,

This is really embarrassing but I have had pain in the anal area for over 2 yrs now and have nor gotten better. I have lumps around the inside of my anus that are painful on a daily basis I have been to Sti clinics regarding and have never been diagnosed with an std. Although the pain is not going away, can this be anal cancer I have several lumps an a fissure. I am a high risk person as I have has anal sex always protected but I know protection is never 100 percent with hpv. I am really worried and scared all doctors have said I just have haemeroids but I'm not convinced I have the following symptoms

Lower back pain
Rectal pain
Burning within penis
Lower abdominal pain

I would appreciate any help as mentally I'm at my wits end Some dictors have aaid it could be anxiety related but the pain is difinetly there as well as the lumps i have seen a gastro who wants to do a colonoscopy but I'm scared of the procedure.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If there is anal cancer, there could be a lump or ulcer and this can cause bleeding. But this is usually diagnosed with a biopsy. A biopsy facilitates a histologic study of cells, which gives you a definite diagnosis. As the lumps have been present for 2 years, its unlikely it is due to anal cancer. If your doctors have suspected anal cancer, they would have suggested a biopsy.

Sometimes the external pile may be inflamed leading to pain. Please consult your doctor for a proper evaluation and therapy. In the meantime, for relief from pain apply heated pads, drink plenty of oral fluids and take frequent sitz baths for 15-20 mins. You can take OTC pain medication Ibuprofen. Ensure to take this medication after food to avoid gastritis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks Dr for the reply should I be concerned about my symptoms though I'm quite sick at the moment rectal pain constant imflamation in penis as well as penis pain abdomen pain I also have a wart on my left leg companies by a constant dry cough the pain in the abdomen is a stabbing pain. Thanks I have an appointment with my Dr on Monday
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. But unless the lesion is examined it is difficult to make a diagnosis. So, go ahead with the tests like colonoscopy. This may help to ease your mind.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.