Anal Cancer Community
Anal Fissure

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Anal Fissure

I'm a 28 year old gay. I was diagnosed with HSV 2 last december, since then I stopped having sex. I do not have HIV. I had minor issues with my penis but I have never tried anal sex except few of my partners had put their finger or tongue inside but not the penis. When I was under medication (Acyclovir and paxidep CR 12.5) for herpes I had discomfort in bowel movements due to the latter medicine and I developed fissures and the doctor advised me to use BACTROBAN and it responded. Now, Since last month I have been having troublesome time with anal fissure on the outer side, in or close to the 7'o clock position (right side) with blood in stool and terrible pain. I even had a swelling inside that I could feel when touched. Used Bactroban it was of no help, consulted a GP, he gave me few medicines and a laxative and Xylocaine gel and Oxerute creme for a week and it subsidized. Now after 10 days of the fissure heal i have been having one on the left external side, probably on the 5' o clock position. I'm using Oxerute again now. Could this be due to Herpes? If not why does this occur despite me drinking at least 2 litres of water everyday since a long time!!
Fissures are more common then anal cancer... That being said ask your doctor for a referal to see a colon/rectal doctor. He has all the tools to check you out. You can ask for an HPV swab its the same as a pap smear they give to women. He can also let you know if you should have surgery on your fissure. I had to have surgery on mine and it never came back. I will tell you that Fissures can be soooooooo painful that the person cant walk and you can go into spasms from it.  Just stop guessing and get it fixed!