Anal Cancer Community
Anal Fissure

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Anal Fissure

Hi all,

I have Anal Fissure for about 7months now and it doesn't seem to go away. I have got to a point where it doesn't hurt after bm but does still bleed. Is there any cream you could recommend me using? thnxz
I have had a couple of those this last few months after having a colonoscopy. My Dr prescibed some cream with nitro glycerin in it which has been slow to help but I think it is finally doing some good. Also I have been eating a lot more fibre in my diet & it is better when I use the bathroom. Go & see your Dr
hi,

thank you for your reply.

Does the nitro glycerin aid healing or simply ease the pain? I am currently psyllium husk to soften my stool which helps when taking in large doses.

thanks
my dr says i have one but it really dont bleed it just hurts does this sound normal?
Yes mine is the same, I dont really bleed but I do have blood on the tissue.

Out of interest what did your doctor prescribe to you?
well i never went and got it . need to the pain not as bad it comes and goes, going to have a colonoscopy on the 19th he said he will look futher into it and see whats going on. hope your better today