Anal Cancer Community
Anal HPV

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Anal HPV

Good day

I am not a gay and generaly very healty male

I contracted genital warts during intercourse with girlfriend who was promiscuios and pass the virus to my butt and inside the anus as well I dont know how but beleive me is possible because happen to me.
I cleared the warts after 6 weeks completely and now i been clear for about 5 years already.

My question is
Is it possible that HPV stay dormant and reecured now after 5 years and cause anal cancer?
I have simptoms like minor anal itching and constant gases ,burping like crazy + I have enlarged hiatal hernia problem.

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.

Besides sex, HPV infection can spread from skin-to-skin contact with an area of the body infected with HPV. The virus can be spread through genital-to-genital contact. It is even possible for a genital infection to spread through hand-to-genital contact. An HPV infection can also spread from one part of the body to another. This means that an HPV infection may start in the genitals and then spread to the anus. The HPV virus can remain dormant for years and can get reactivated. It does increase the risk for anal cancer. But its unlikely that the itching and flatulence is due to anal cancer. The itching could be due to a fungal infection. Consult your doctor for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you very much for your answer, will proceed with doctor evaluation
Hello guys

Just to comment on my results since today I had high resolution anoscopy , there is no sign of any abnormalities and diagmosis is proctalgia fugaks.
.
That is all rectoscopy was very short and painless.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Proctalgia fugax is a benign condition that is characterized by intermittent, recurrent, self-limited rectal pain that is severe. It is estimated that it affects 4 to 18 percent of the general population. According to studies done, salbutamol inhalation shortens attacks of severe pain in patients with proctalgia fugax. However, the mechanism of this effect remains unexplained. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hi dr.Anita

Thanks forvery good  explanation  but I still doubt that I have this , my itchines continue....
I just found out that procedure that I had was no HRA high resolution anoscopy but the doctor used the same instrument that is used in colonoscopy so I coul see everithing on the big plazma screen.
However If somebody can explain me is this procedure enough to rule out anal displasia or cancer???
On the internet is alot of information about HRA as prefered metod detecting anal cancers or AIN....
Now I am not sure if my doc chose right metod

Brgds