Anal Cancer Community
Anal lump

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Anal lump

I was showering at the gym and noticed a small painless lump deep in my anus, its itchy on occasions.  I Googled it and it came up with a Hemoriod.  I am quite worried as im not sure how long its been there.  Any ideas? much appreciated.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Internal hemorrhoids are not usually palpable unless thrombosed. This is usually accompanied by bleeding into the stool. The lump could an abscess, in which case there should be pain and fever. It could also be a tumor. Only a proper evaluation can help to diagnose. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may run blood, urine and stool tests and may sometimes ask for an ultra sonography to detect the cause for the lump. Proctoscopy and colonoscopy may further help to diagnose the cause.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.