Anal Cancer Community
Hpv question
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hpv question

If I have vaginal hpv and the man who gave it to me rubbed his penis on my anis area should I assume i have it there too? And is there sometime of pap check up to prevent anal cancer from hpv? Sorry of I sound stupid I just don't hear of anul check up and too shy to ask doc I need advice please. I have high risk hpv
1118884_tn?1338596450
Ok.  Once you have HPV, depending on the strain, you are at risk for certain kinds of cancer.  Anal cancer is rare ...but since Farrah Fawcett died of it, there is more information about it.

I am an anal cancer survivor (Stage IIIb).  Never had a test for HPV.  If you have tested positive for it....not sure if there is much point in an anal biopsy or test.  

Genital warts are what doctors look for.  These can easily be removed...but if you have them, further tests are needed.

Don't let shyness stand in the way!  You need to be seen for an exam and discussion with your doctor.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Anal Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank