Pending Biopsy Results/ Worried
Hi all. Very worrisome situation, welcome any input. For the past couple of months my wife has been complaining of a lump in the anus, inside at the opening. She first noticed it because of a small bit of blood showing up on the toilet paper occasionally. I got her to finally go to the doctor and she just saw the PA at her OB/GYN's office. The PA told her it was not a hemorrhoid and did a biopsy, we won't get results back for a week. It is a small lump, in between the size of a pea and a penny from how she describes it to me. It is hard but not painful. Wife has not had any change in bowel habits, no constipation or diarrhea, no change in stool size, or any pelvic pain. I am praying this is not anal cancer but it really concerns me that the PA said it was not a hemorrhoid. I'm not even sure how the PA could tell that. In any case, I know we'll know one way or the other in a few days but I would appreciate any of your guys' thoughts on the issue. Thanks in advance.    
Sorry to hear about your stress.

I know it's extremely difficult but you need to suspend judgement until you hear the biopsy results. It could be a benign growth among many other possible causes.

That being said, not all cancers present with obvious symptoms. If caught early enough, colon cancer is very, very treatable.

Hey..
Appreciate your concerns about your wife's situation.

I am an anal cancer survivor.  In my case, bleeding was really the primary symptom.

It was tentatively diagnosed in the office of a colo/rectal surgeon, as he saw an anal wart.

This was not a tumor.  Anal cancer is actually a skin cancer.  Caused by HPV...often showing up years after virus is contacted.

My point is I had no growth that was noticeable...i.e. a feeling of a lump.

I never felt the wart and a colonoscopy didn't detect the cancer.

I tell you this as it seems a very elusive cancer.....

Try to relax while you wait for results of biopsy.  With no changes in bowel patterns, I hope it is a benign growth.

Best...
Thanks everyone. Just got the call, it's nothing. Thank God. That was a long 5 days.