Anal Cancer Community
Pimple-like thing in between cheecks...should I worry?

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Embarrassing question: The other day I wiped after a bowel movement and I felt something hard/stuck, like a pimple. I believe it's on the side of my butt cheeks, the right one. I tried to pick at it with my toliet paper at hand, and it hurt like a pimple would. It feels small. What could it be? Im embarrassed to admit that my butt crack is hairy as well. I did not see blood when I wiped. What is that and should I worry?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Nothing serious it's most probably a pimple. You could apply warm compress and for pain relief you can use OTC  Tylenol (acetaminophen). The other causes could be due to fungal or parasitic infections.  If it persists, you may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.