Rectal Fistula/Frequent Urination?
Im 29 yo male, has anyone on here ever had or dealt with a rectal fistula(not a fissure)? I had been having some urinary symptoms like frequency but thought little of it, and then thought I had hemmroids, so they did a colonoscopy...The results were they found a tiny mass that the doctor wanted to remove...I wanted a second opinion, and a biopsy, so I went to another colorectal doctor...He did a biopsy (waiting on the results) and did a rectal exam. Said he thought my prostate was okay, (although he was quite elderly and a little hard to understand) he seemed to be competent. He claimed that he didn't think I needed any surgery to remove the mass...However he seemed to think I might have an anal fistula, which he claimed could cause frequent urination (though Im still a bit confused about the diagnosis) He seemed to think it might be in a tricky spot, and that maybe a urologist might be better suited to address the issue..... Has anyone here ever had one of these? I don't have any bleeding, or pain when I go, or for that matter urinating either...Is there a chance this will heal itself, or will it have to be removed? My only symptom seems to be frequent urination, but I am following up with a urologist...Should I seek yet a third colorectal opinion, and follow up with the urologist? Thanks for any advice/input!
Hey..
Thanks for posting.  It is a worrisome thing to go thru' exams and tests for anal issues.

Altho' I have not had..to my knowledge..the same issues...I know what stress it is to see specialists..esp when they disagree.  

Sounds as tho' you did the right thing to seek a second opinion for colo/rectal doctor.  Next step has to be an exam by urologist.

Hope you will be feeling much better about all of this after his/her report.