Anal Cancer Community
Small bump near anus

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Small bump near anus

A few days ago, I felt a little bump near my anus while cleaning myself. It is of the size of a pea. It does not hurt and I do not have any kind of bleeding. My stools are fine. The only problem and that is giving me nightmares is that I feel an urge to go to the washroom. I read that it was one of the symptoms of anal cancer. I am devastated after reading this and cannot concentrate on anything. Can anyone suggest what it might be. Can it be cancer?

Regards,
Adam
Hey Adam,

You are having an urge to go, but can't?  Or urge to go...and having frequent bowel movements?

First: the bump.  I would get a doctor to look at it....may be nothing to worry about.  Oh...please please don't go to doctor google...back away right away!

I survived anal cancer and the symptoms you mention are nowhere near what I had.   So....get that bump checked....I think your GP is ok for that exam.  

No need to tell you my story.  But a synopsis is in order.  My cancer was caused by HPV.  The only visual found by a colo/rectal surgeon was a small wart. This cancer appears to occur mostly in ppl much older than you.  There is a vaccine..not sure if you in age range to avail yourself of it...strongly advise if you are.

Very best wishes...
so am 52 can i get that shot and does it stop anal cancers
For age requirements..you may be able to find that online...maybe Mayo Clinic..dunno.

Think you are past the higher limit for vaccine.

It is highly recommended by every oncologist I saw...

I know little about efficacy...or if it needs to be repeated...again..do a bit of research...call your library.

It protects the body from the virus (HPV) associated with anal cancer.