Anal Cancer Community
Small bump near anus
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Small bump near anus

Hi,

A few days ago, I felt a little bump near my anus while cleaning myself. It is of the size of a pea. It does not hurt and I do not have any kind of bleeding. My stools are fine. The only problem and that is giving me nightmares is that I feel an urge to go to the washroom. I read that it was one of the symptoms of anal cancer. I am devastated after reading this and cannot concentrate on anything. Can anyone suggest what it might be. Can it be cancer?

Regards,
Adam
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1118884_tn?1338596450
Hey Adam,

You are having an urge to go, but can't?  Or urge to go...and having frequent bowel movements?

First: the bump.  I would get a doctor to look at it....may be nothing to worry about.  Oh...please please don't go to doctor google...back away right away!

I survived anal cancer and the symptoms you mention are nowhere near what I had.   So....get that bump checked....I think your GP is ok for that exam.  

No need to tell you my story.  But a synopsis is in order.  My cancer was caused by HPV.  The only visual found by a colo/rectal surgeon was a small wart. This cancer appears to occur mostly in ppl much older than you.  There is a vaccine..not sure if you in age range to avail yourself of it...strongly advise if you are.

Very best wishes...
Blank
212161_tn?1391090750
so am 52 can i get that shot and does it stop anal cancers
Blank
1118884_tn?1338596450
For age requirements..you may be able to find that online...maybe Mayo Clinic..dunno.

Think you are past the higher limit for vaccine.

It is highly recommended by every oncologist I saw...

I know little about efficacy...or if it needs to be repeated...again..do a bit of research...call your library.

It protects the body from the virus (HPV) associated with anal cancer.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Anal Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...