To which specialist did you go for anal cancer checkup?
I want to check for anal cancer, since I'm having somewhat irregular bowel movements and light bleeding. But I don't know where do I have to go. Where did you go? Proctologist? Gastroenterologist?

Which doctor diagnosed you?

Which treated you?

Also, who "lasers" HPV lesions?

Thanks a lot...
Hi..

My answer is based on my experience.  So  subjective.  I believe the best person to evaluate symptoms is doctor who specializes in diseases of colon and rectum.....I guess that would be a proctologist. You want doctor who has equipment to do a thorough exam first time you visit.

I am a survivor of anal cancer.  It was stage IIIb by the time I self referred to Dr. Paul Williamson who is a top surgeon in Orlando, Fl. He can be googled. This was after I had a colonoscopy in another office and was told I was fine by a gastroenterologist.

Everyone's experience varies.  A resident @ the colo/rectal clinic said anal cancer can easily be overlooked unless the doctor has reason to suspect.

The important thing is to voice your specific concerns.  That will determine how the doctor proceeds.

Good luck....

I'm 38 and was just diagnosed with some stage 3 precancer in my anus. I'm so afraid!! I don't know what to do with myself. I'm waiting surgery to try and remove it as it has spread from my vulva. Can u plz tell me what to expect next? I've been battling vulva precancer for the past 4 yrs with surgeries but it keeps spreading now to my anus. I'm a step before full anal cancer. I feel like a have a death sentance. Part of me wants to just stop these surgeries and be done with it.