What's in coffee
I have been to a proctologist nwho tells me that my anal itching, bleeding and torn skin is due to 'resins' in the coffee, tea and coke that I drink.  He doesn't seem to know what these resins are or wht hot drinks don't have them.  Can you help?

Thank you.
Hi, not sure how resins can tear the anal skin. The tear and the itching could be due to anal fissures. Fissure in ano, a condition in which there is severe pain while passing stools and there is bleeding. This is caused due to the passage of hard stools during defecation. I would advise you to develop a lifestyle to fight constipation. Drink plenty of water. Regular meals with high fiber content like green leafy vegetables, plenty of fruits, lots of oral fluids and exercise will help relieve constipation. Please consult your primary care physician if symptoms worsen. Regards.