Anal Cancer Community
anal bleeding when using supposities

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

anal bleeding when using supposities

i have anal bleeding when using suppositoreis , not at any other time , should i worry ?
What are the suppositoreis for? Anal bleeding is common with piles or fissures however problems other places in the body can be shown thru rectal bleeding. It is important to talk to your doctor about it. Let him know about your concerns. If you worry about cancer of the anus have your doctor give you an anal pap smear to check for abnormal cells.
Agree with Todd.  I don't know anything about anal pap smears...think they are least invasive/painful way to check for HPV, the virus usually responsible for anal cancer.

We are not medical experts of course....so you know we will urge you to check in with a doc...I recommend a colon/rectal specialist as they have the experience and equipment to do a good exam in their office.

Anal cancer would be causing bleeding without the use of suppositories...so try not to worry...hope it is just a case of irritation of the mucosal lining of rectum.

I am a 3 yr survivor of anal cancer...any other questions I am here for you.