Anal Cancer Community
anal bleeding

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

anal bleeding

Hi everyone, for as long as I can remember really I have always had a small amount of bright red blood on the toilet paper after passing stool.

I am male 22 years old. Other symptoms I have is pain when passign stool and pain when wiping too, kind of sharp and uncomfortable.

I have always just kind of passed it off as being an anal fissure or hemmerhoids or something like that. It is only recently I have started to worry it may be stomach or bowel cancer.

This is because over the last year or so I have lost about a stone in weight without trying too, and now people are saying I look too skinny and am very pale too.

Also now for the last month or 2 I have had stomach aches fort of coming and going throughout each day very mild but just making me feel uncomfortable and a bit sick.

My stool varies on a regular basis between quite moist and sticky and light brown ....to sometimes being hard and dark brown/blackish in colour and sausage shaped but made up of lots of lumps.

There is also a very small amount of red blood on one end of the stool if I catch it with toilet tissue to examine. Apart from this the only blood noticed is on the tissue after wiping and none in the toilet water at all.

I am getting really worried it could be cancer as my dad has had cancer in the past.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.