Anal Cancer Community
anal cancer?

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

anal cancer?

starting on Sunday, I have been having very severe anal spasms along with a ton of pain, and some itching.  It is very hard to sleep at night due to the pain.  I have not been constipated, so I don't think it would be hemmorroids.  It does not hurt to go to the bathroom either.  The pain is pretty constant with spasms very often, and when I have a spasm the pain is so intense that it causes my entire body to tremble.  I would describe the pain as almost like a bite near my butthole.  Nothing I have tried has given me any relief.  I have googled my symptoms and the only thing I have found that sounds somewhat simliar is an anal fissure or colon cancer.  I called a doctor's office today and spoke with a doctor and he said that I should not be worried and it's more than likely a fissure.  Can somebody please help.  I want to know that it's nothing extreme.  Thanks.
It could very well be a fissure, In some people they can be so painful that you cant walk! There is a fissure support forum online, http://analfissure.editboard.com/forum.htm

Many people on there have all kinds of support. Includeing surgery to help correct the fissure if thats what it is.
thanks so much!  I will check it out.
Just saw your post.  Sympathize with the pain those spasms cause.  I have experienced them rarely.  But sure know they are brutal.

As to concerns about cancer, hope doctor relieved a few worries.  In my opinion, altho' I suppose it could be a fissure, there is no way to know for sure without an exam.  This needs to be done in an colon/rectal clinic with a specialist.  A doctor trained to spot problems with the proper equipment to do a thorough exam.  Going to a GP is a waste of time, unless you need him/her to refer you.

I hold these opinions as I do not have fissures, but am a 3 yr anal cancer survivor, and know  a bit about what can go wrong in rectum.

When I had a problem last year, asked my surgeon if I had a fissure, mainly because of online reading I'd done:).  He said absolutely not!  My challenge is to live with a well radiated pelvic area.  Know this has nothing to do with your concern, but mention as I do hope you'll see a specialist.  At the very least he/she may be able to give you something for the spasms.
I am very sorry to hear about you cancer, you will be in my prayer's.  I know Christ can heal incurable diseases!  
Yes, I did see a doctor and it was in fact a fissure along with a perianal abcess (abscess).  Now, the pain is mostly gone and I am thanking God for it.  Both the fissure and abcess (abscess) have no treatments as of yet, and I was afraid that I would have to deal with pain forever.  My church prayed for me and sure enough, the pain went away!  It's amazing what an awesome God we serve!
I'm glad you are feeling better lovebug. Your right about prayer! I was angnostic for years until I looked around and saw god all around! We can for sure say that Fissures are of the devil!! Try to keep your b.m.'s soft and if the pain comes back Go see a Rectal surgeon! They can fix them with a quick procedure (LIS). And it works fast! God bless!
Thank you so much!  I've experienced the power of prayer several times in my life.  A few years ago I had a staff infection in my armpit that lasted about a month.  No doctors wanted to see me because at the time, we had no insurance and I was not working.  One night, I managed to struggle and get ready for church.  Went and received prayer for pain management (at that point I was honestly begging God to die or take away the pain), within an hour my infection was gone & all that remained was the scar!!!  I've seen Christ cure the incurable, work miracles, etc.  I believe sometimes He allows the pain, so that we may receive the victory and give Him glory!