Anal Cancer Community
anal growth

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

anal growth

two weeks ago my husband had a horriable pain in his rear area i looked and discovered a growth the size of the last digit of my thumb.a couple days later the pain of the stomach and anus went away but now he has a growth the size of the tip of my ring finger no pains but very worried we dont know who to talk to this is a sensive subject we just would like to know what this could be
He needs to be seen by a surgeon who specializes in colon and  rectal disorders.  They have the  office setup needed for a thorough exam.  Very often you will find groups, with names that indicate their specialty.

I am a three year survivor of anal cancer.  My cancer was not found in by a gasto doctor during a colonoscopy.  I referred myself to a surgeon.  He gave me a tentative diagnosis of anal cancer based on physical exam alone.  He was right.  I had stage IIIb cancer.  If he hadn't acted quickly I wouldn't be responding to your post.

Your husband's  problem may not be serious. Whatever is wrong,  best to have it checked early.  Oh, and he must get over reluctance to see doctor about this.  A specialist deals with bottoms every day all day:).

Good luck.
I agree with 29sillygirl.  Need to get it checked out Soon!  My sister (53) died last year from Stage IV colorectal cancer.  Had she seen a doctor earlier, she would still be with us.  Good luck and God Bless!
could you please share with us your innitial symptoms and how your disease was? i had the same symptom of seanedwind4 housband, i do not have any blood, pain, is just the little ball that appear 1 week ago and i started using xiloporoct plus is a corthisoma cream and ball is smaller by half than one week ago, the little ball  is .5 cms, do you think that can be hemmoroyd or this canbe related to anal cancer? i use to be seated almost 9 hours at work and i stopped to drink enough water for long pediods of time, your comments will be appreciated
hi i am new here but concerned as i found a very small pea size round hard growth inside my anus it doesnt hurt ofr bleed at least yet but i am scared to death it could be cancer. Doesnt help that i have a severe anxiety condition fro so much abuse as a child can anyone give me any idea what the growth might be ...Thank you