Anal Cancer Community
anal warts

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

anal warts

My first post on here...but I did read most of the other posts about this topic.
For years now I have had some itching and discomfort around my anus. It comes and goes. And depends on how hot it is, activities I take part in (sweat a lot), number of movements etc. I also tend to wipe a bit too hard and too much. I have relaxed with that lately and it has helped.
My new job requires me to drive and therefore sit for long period of time. I noticed more itching. However when I was wiping last night I noticed a very small whiteish lump. Its maybe 2-3 mm resembles an ingrown hair or a pimple. But I don't think its either of those. I am worried that iit is a wart. I did have hpv in my pubic area and I am worried that I moved it to my anus, with my hands or towels etc.  

My question is...
The visible warts cause cancer? I read that the ones that are visible are typically not cancerous. Also I wanted to know who you see about this. Is it your MD, dermatologist?  I'm 29 healthy, a bit over paranoid, don't smoke, don't have anal sex.  I am very worried about anal and other cancers and can't stop thinking about this wart.

Thanks in advanced!

Eric
Hi...

Honestly I don't know much about anal warts.  Never had a clue that I had one or however many when I was diagnosed with anal cancer. Never felt anything...GP never noticed... am guessing it was an 'invisible' wart.

So a wart should be checked. Kind of a toss up as to what office to visit.  When I had my last full body check @ dermatologist...they took pic of something and sent to my oncologist...it was nothing...discoloration from radiation.  Dermatologists can diagnose, do culture, remove.  

If you go to a proctologist, he/she can exam area most thoroughly ....these offices have best equipment for good visual exams.  

Try not to freak out....there are other symptoms of anal cancer that would send you to a doctor pronto.  Not sure, but anal warts are associated with anal cancer but certainly not a sign of it.  

Best to you....