Anal Cancer Community
anal warts
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anal warts

Hello,

My first post on here...but I did read most of the other posts about this topic.
For years now I have had some itching and discomfort around my anus. It comes and goes. And depends on how hot it is, activities I take part in (sweat a lot), number of movements etc. I also tend to wipe a bit too hard and too much. I have relaxed with that lately and it has helped.
My new job requires me to drive and therefore sit for long period of time. I noticed more itching. However when I was wiping last night I noticed a very small whiteish lump. Its maybe 2-3 mm resembles an ingrown hair or a pimple. But I don't think its either of those. I am worried that iit is a wart. I did have hpv in my pubic area and I am worried that I moved it to my anus, with my hands or towels etc.  

My question is...
The visible warts cause cancer? I read that the ones that are visible are typically not cancerous. Also I wanted to know who you see about this. Is it your MD, dermatologist?  I'm 29 healthy, a bit over paranoid, don't smoke, don't have anal sex.  I am very worried about anal and other cancers and can't stop thinking about this wart.

Thanks in advanced!

Eric