Anal Cancer Community
for 29sillygirl

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

for 29sillygirl

I have tried looking into archives but didnt find too much.
I am wondering what your symptoms for anal cancer were?
What made you go to the doctor.
I know you had chemo/rad Did you also have the ostomy bag???
Please can you give your experience in this forum.
Thanks so much sillygirl.
Just noticed your post.  Don't come here often.  A PM would be best if you want a quick response.

Lets see if I can answer your questions.  

Primary symptom was bleeding.  Before that what doctors called irritable bowel syndrome.  I had a colonoscopy, but the anal cancer was not detected.  It was almost a year later that the bleeding became worse and I self referred to an oncology surgeon.

Treatment consisted of radiation/two kinds of chemo administered 5 days a week for 6 weeks.  This treatment was done instead of surgery which would have meant a bag.

Radiation leaves one without a sphincter muscle.  A challenge to manage, but in my view, better than a bag.

Best....
i really want to thank you for your comments, thanks god you are ok now. what other symptoms did you noticed after bleeding? i got one little ball outside my anus that does not bleed, no pain, it has .5 cms, suddenly 1 week ago appear and is half small than original, can be this more related to hemorroyd or anal cancer related?
Hey....just stopped by and saw your post.

I'd say the bleeding was the main symptom as I look back on experience.

Thanks for the kind words.  Now my challenge is to investigate and correct, or learn to live with the damage done by radiation. Several procedures and tests in past couple of months.
Progress in a few important areas.

As to your situation.  A growth can  appear in or outside anal opening.  It is impossible to know what it is without an exam.  Can you get to a specialist?  Have insurance?  Of course you can always go the ER route if you are in pain  or just very anxious about it.

Best.