Anal Cancer Community
help

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

help

Ok I'm 25 and when I was like 16 or 17 me and my first boyfriend did anal only once but after that a little down the way I've noticed there was blood in my stool and on my toilet paper but it a little bit not a lot but it would only happen every jow and then so please help me
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Haemorrhoids (piles) is the commonest cause for painless bleeding into the stool. Another cause is fissure in ano, where there is pain while passing motion with bleeding. Other causes are inflammatory bowel disorders like ulcerative colitis and crohn’s disease can produce similar symptoms. Here the walls of the intestines are swollen. Diverticulitis, infections and tumors of the colon can produce bleeding into the stools. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may run blood, urine and stool tests and may sometimes ask for an ultra sonography to detect the cause for the bleeding. Proctoscopy and colonoscopy may further help to diagnose the cause. Therapy is based on the cause.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.