Anal Cancer Community
problems with pooing pain during before and after

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

I am a twenty one year old girl and i am very worried about my bowels and pooing. Sorry if this is a bit gross, im just hoping someone can give me some advice that doesnt involve a doctor (obvs if its needed then i will), if i can avoid it then it would be great. Over the past 3 months i have been in a lot of pain during pooing. It feels like there is a heavy brick constantly pressing in my bum. I have ibs (which ive had for years), and in the past ive bleed hilst pooing, due to the vast amount i go during the day. But this feels different to what i am used to experiencing. I get awful stomach cramps before i need to go, that often make me feel as if i am going to pass out, and then i get a heavy aching pain in my backside during and after. I feel constantly tired and run down, it literally exhausts me as i have to spend so much time on the toilet. It takes me so long to go, as it feels horrendous trying to actually go, and i am sometimes stuck on the toilet for anything up to an hour. If i get up and just give up, i instantly feel like i need to go again and reside myself to the pain of pooing rather than giving up and experiencing the cramps. I have been anally examined before, and it is mortifying, if theres anything anyone can sugesst i would reallyapprieciate it, and i wont take offence if someone's advice is going to the doctors.Am i being paranoid or do i have reason to be worried?
Thank you
Very worried girl
Well as far as being mortified about getting your butt looked at by the doctor you should get over that. This is his job just like a cook looks into the oven!

It sounds to me (not a doctor) that you have some major IBS or Possibily Chrons. Have you seen any blood in your stool? Are your stools hard? Soft? are they pencil thin? Regardless you should have your doctor take a look.

Anal cancer is almost always caused by the HPV virus (std) So if you are not sexually active or have never been then you can most likely rule out anal cancer. However its best to have the doctor take a look. Go see a colorectal doctor.