Anal Cancer Community
warts around and inside the anal

WELCOME TO THE ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Causes, Clinical Trials, Complications, Diagnosis, Living With Anal Cancer, Prognosis, Questions to Ask Your Doctor and Treatment Options.

warts around and inside the anal

well am a 21y old male and i have got anal warts last year and i have been fighting warts for a long time no , i had two operations and it has been toooo painful that i couldnt walk , i couldnt set i couldnt do any thing for a whole month , the first operation was bad and the warts has shown up again , but the second one was kinda ok . and the doctor removed all the warts and he gave it to me to analyiz it ..and here is what the analyizing doctor said """ ( gross ) pieces pf rubbery greyish white tissue . measuring 1.5*1.5*0.5 cm totally submitted ... ( microscopic )  section examined from the specimen recieved revealed a polypoidal growth covered by kertinised hyperplastic stratified squamous epithelium showing focal koilocytic atypia with clear cytoplasm and dyplastic angulated nuclei ..
basement membrane is intact.
no evidence of malignancy in sections examined
diagnosis :
anal swellings ,biopsy , squamous cell papilloma with koilocytic atypia compatible with condyloma accuminata .
i went to the doctor who did me the operation just two days ago and he told me that i still have some warts on the right side inside my anal . am depressed and scared to death . cant go on my life am afraid i will have cancer sooner or later and die young .. by the way am egyptian and i live in egypt .. so my situation ***** more and more .. please any professionals ehre to tell me whats going on or what this analizing said mean ... any help please ???
0%
 (0) 
n
0%
 (0) 
n
0%
 (0) 
n
0%
 (0) 
n
0 Members voted
Hey,

You have my sympathy.  I didn't understand all the medical stuff, but as a survivor of anal cancer, picked up a few things.

Has any doctor tested you for HPV....or suggested you get vaccinated?  You are in the age range that is eligible for the vaccine which protects against anal cancer.

As to the warts.....this must just be a condition specific to you.  I have a host of skin issues, and have been told they are mostly genetic.  Nothing cancerous, just unsightly.

Exception: when I was finally diagnosed with anal cancer by a surgeon, he said he saw a wart.  No other doc had noticed. And I had no idea I had one. In my case it was the first definitive sign that I might have anal cancer.  A week after exam I was in treatment.

In your case I only saw the word 'squamous' mentioned once.  I had what they called 'squamous cell carcinoma', a fast growing cancer.  Hope I've recalled the terms as they were told to me.  All I can see is that you have benign but certainly troublesome batch of warts.  Hope you will be rid of them once and for all....and over the pain of surgery soon.

The operation must have been miserable.  Can only imagine.