Abdominal Aorta plaque?
A recent abdominal ultrasound showed mild plaque buildup in the abdominal aorta that is soft in nature. My doctor did not mention this when he gave me thre results, telling me the results were normal. A CBC and Comprehensive Metabolic Panel were normal. What does this mean?
Hi!
A mild plaque build up will usually not cause any problem. If metabolic panel is fine then, chances of further plaque build up are less. Usually nothing is done until the lumen is considerably narrowed. However, there is no harm in eating healthy and exercising. Do discuss this with your doctor also. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.