Aneurysm Community
Abdominal aortic aneurysm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Abdominal aortic aneurysm

I first found out that I had a Triple AAA in June 2008 when I had an abdominal Ultrasound. Its size was 4.7 cm. Then in September  I had another Ultrasound and the aneurysm had grown to 5.4 cm. My family doctor seemed not too concerned, but asked me to have another Ultrasound in 6 months. I was shocked and scared. I asked him to refer me to a vascular surgeon for assessment. I waited for an appointment until February 2009. I then had an CT Scan and the size of the aneurysm was 4.6 cm. He asked me to do an Ultrasound in 6 months. I don't like his carefree attitude. So I went to another vascular surgeon in March. I didn't tell him that I had seen a surgeon before. So I had to do another CT Scan and this time the size was 4.7 cm. It seemed that the aneurysm had grown 1 mm in a month. He said that he would not operate on me right now but asked me to have an Ultrasound in October. My concerns are (1) is it too much to have two CT Scan in a month or so? What are the ill effects of radiation on my body? (2) Is the aneurysm growing too fast? (3) What can I do during my waiting period? I am taking Avapro for my high blood pressure and Lipitor for my high cholestoral. Can I also take Aspirin to thin out my blood? What are your medical opinions about my case and concerns?