Aneurysm Community
After Brain Aneurysm Surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

After Brain Aneurysm Surgery

Hello,I am 48 years ols.I had Brain Aneurysm surgery Sept 24 2009.On July 17,2009 I had 2 stents placed in my head.I still have 2 more Aneurysm's.I have had 2 strokes on the right side.My question is since the surgery on Sept 24 I have not been to a Dr.due to the fact is I have no insurance.I have not been seen by anyone.I went to P.T. for 1 week and had to leave because of the insurance.Should I see a Dr.I am scared to death since the Dr. had told me I would need the other within 6 months of the 1st one.Thank you for your time,Lori Bowser
Lori,

Your situation is concerning in many ways.  Regardless of your financial situation, you need to followup with specialist.  Many Hospitals have charity funds to help in a situation like yours - if your financial position is precarious.  You need to investigate this option.  Also seek out your local "Welfare" office to see what programs and assistance for which you may be qualified.  Find an advocate such as a close friend, religious affiliation, power of attorney, etc to assist you in the event you can't make decisions.

I had to scramble when my wife (then my girlfiend and still my best friend) suffered a bleeding aneruyism.  We were young and invincible and had no plans in place like powers of attorney (medical and durable), wills, etc.  She did have insurance fortunately but with no power to act on her behalf there was little I could do.  But I found a way by tapping friends and resources to protect her and help her recover.  Today, 14 years later, she is now my wife and best friend, and I continue to make sure she has what she needs to continue her recovery and self reliance.  I pray you will follow my advice as quickly as possible.  Many of us never contemplate what "could" happen and fail to plan!