Aneurysm Community
Aneurisma embolization procedure?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Aneurisma embolization procedure?

I had an aneurysm embolized 4 days ago and the technique was Seldinger but the doctor only used a intra cerebral stent, but he didn't used coils to fill the aneurism (aneurysm).  The size of my aneurism (aneurysm) is 6,3 mm and it was located in the left carotid artery. Is it possible to do this procedure without filling it with coils?
I am scared the procedure could be done in the wrong way.
Thanks for your answer.
Very preoccupied.
Ana
Hi!
Seldinger is a technique followed to reach a blood vessel for angioplasty, aneurysm repair etc. by puncturing an artery and passing a catheter. This catheter is removed at the end of the procedure. What your surgeon has probably done is Endovascular Aneurysm Repair, which is a very good technique. A stent is placed in the aneurysm to bypass the blood blow from that area of blood vessel.  However, I cannot confirm this for you. Please discuss with your surgeon. Take care!