Aa
A
A
Close
2552659 tn?1339721915
Aneursym
Hello Everyone,

I joined this forum I guess for some sort of support and I  know it does sound desperate. I am aged 34 and my dear mother died at aged 42 with a condition that is not listed on this website . The condition is Cadasil and recently found  out I have the condition , my younger brother has the condition and my remaining brother and sister have chosen to not be tested due to age and preference.  I am now going through the stage where I was informed that my children will have a 50% chance of inheriting due to it and have been offered PGD . I guess my condition is closely linked to Alzheimer's. My mother died as a result of a brain hemorrhage and it was fatal and been advised that is the way the condition can affect and also causes a serious of strokes. I am now getting loads of headaches around parts of my head and terrified when i get pins and needles and feel like I am having one . Does anyone know of the condition much ? I guess I just want to have children and be able to live to a decent age and see them grow up. I recently went for a serious of tests and was advised that due to my lifestyle that I am quite healthy , my cholesterol was quite low at 4 and my bp was textbook and that I was quite healthy so nothing to worry and to keep reporting any changes of symptoms so can be thankful of that.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello Scottish_lass,

Sorry to learn of your difficulty.  I had not previously heard of this condition and if you haven't viewed the Cadasil Foundation.org site it may help you learn more.

My wife and I together decided that having children would not be good for her health due to a clipped ruptured aneurysm.  It's a difficult decision however, don't let this stop you from possible helping others with their children.  I know it's not the same but maybe it can help you satisify your desire to be around children.  Good luck and God Bless!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
2552659 tn?1339721915
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Aneurysm Community Resources