Aneurysm Community
Aneursym

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Aneursym

Hello Everyone,

I joined this forum I guess for some sort of support and I  know it does sound desperate. I am aged 34 and my dear mother died at aged 42 with a condition that is not listed on this website . The condition is Cadasil and recently found  out I have the condition , my younger brother has the condition and my remaining brother and sister have chosen to not be tested due to age and preference.  I am now going through the stage where I was informed that my children will have a 50% chance of inheriting due to it and have been offered PGD . I guess my condition is closely linked to Alzheimer's. My mother died as a result of a brain hemorrhage and it was fatal and been advised that is the way the condition can affect and also causes a serious of strokes. I am now getting loads of headaches around parts of my head and terrified when i get pins and needles and feel like I am having one . Does anyone know of the condition much ? I guess I just want to have children and be able to live to a decent age and see them grow up. I recently went for a serious of tests and was advised that due to my lifestyle that I am quite healthy , my cholesterol was quite low at 4 and my bp was textbook and that I was quite healthy so nothing to worry and to keep reporting any changes of symptoms so can be thankful of that.
Hello Scottish_lass,

Sorry to learn of your difficulty.  I had not previously heard of this condition and if you haven't viewed the Cadasil Foundation.org site it may help you learn more.

My wife and I together decided that having children would not be good for her health due to a clipped ruptured aneurysm.  It's a difficult decision however, don't let this stop you from possible helping others with their children.  I know it's not the same but maybe it can help you satisify your desire to be around children.  Good luck and God Bless!