Aneurysm
I am a 50 year old female, and I found out, January 2011, that I have two small supraclinoid brain aneurysms, both projecting inferior to the vessel lumen. The neuo surgeon, I seen said that it was best at the time to just monitor them, so I am suppose to have another Head CTA, done at the end of Oct, 2011, which is coming up. They both were 2mm at the time. I have been having alot of head pain, and neck pain stiffness in my neck, it bothers me more at night when I try to rest, I cannot get my head comfortable. Could this pain be coming from the aneurysms, or some sort of nerve damage I may have received after getting the shingles, in Febuary of this year, 2011? although I only broke out on my right shoulder and arm, I had alot of pain in my head and neck before I getting the shingles.
The size of the aneruysm prior to surgery may differ bewteen surgeons and other areas of the body. Two mm is on the lower side if the average threshold is at 5mm which is a number I know one surgeon uses as a guide.  The rate of growth will probably be the final determinant as to when the surgeon will consider surgery.  
Thank you for your comment. May I ask, have you had any experience with brain aneruysms? Would you know what size a aneruysm actually gets, before a surgeon would consider surgery?
Sandy,

Unfortunately it was my wife's brain aneurysm that burst 17 years ago.  Luckily it was caught in time before it reruptured.  She doing much better now thank God.  Headaches and migraines are an ongoing issue however.

As I indicated earlier, the surgeon will consider all tests and then make a decision.  My Dad had a aortic aneurysm and his surgeon stated he would not do anything until it reached 5.0 mm.  Brain aneurysm size may be different.  The rate of growth between tests is just one criteria that may be used.  Others may include a list of symptoms or a distinct family history of aneurysms.  

Whatever you do, don't fight the surgery.  When it's time, it is necessary.  The alternative is not pretty.  As far as my experience, I am a well educated engineer and I have used my wife's experience to learn more about this disease, especially the resulting headaches many have suffered.
hello Sandy, my daughter-in-law has a 5.0mm aneurysm and she is going into surgery the last past of this month. It went  from 4mm to 5mm from july to oct. She went from 3 aneurysms too 5 of them in that time
I am a 37 year old female. I have had seizures since the day after I had My second son With an emergency c-section. I've had severe migraines since 18 that are not relieved by triptans. I also have carpal tunnel. My EEG's have been abnormal every time for the last 3 years. Also ADHD is getting worse. I really think all of this is.related. Could this be a brain anerurysm?