Aneurysm Community
Aortic Aneurysm??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Aortic Aneurysm??

Hi,  Was wondering if anyone here has a Descending thoracic aneurysm that is symptomatic? I have been struggling with a PAINFUL throbbing in my chest, SOB, dizziness, fatigue since the end of May. All my heart test have come back NORMAL. the Thump in chest worsens when i lie flat, and i must sleep elevated. I can do very little activity and my head builds pressure when i bend over. The pain is specific to the left side of my sternum about 3" to 4" long, and sometimes thuds through my back to below the shoulder blades. I'm really having a hard time. If anyone has a diagnosis and has these symptoms, PLEASE tell me what tests to ask the doctors for. Thank You!
Well. I had a good dr. Visit today. Which has been a long time coming. He thinks that my spine is causing me nerve pain in my torso causing me to be sensitive to everything going on in my chest. And feeling pain with internal normal processes. He said I have PACs and a murmur that are benign the only thing is that I can feel them going on and it is quite noticeable and painful. I'm on prednisone and etodalac and flexeril. If I see improvement he will send me on to an ortho or a neuro. So we will just take it all one step at a time and see what happens next.....cause you NEVER know!! I will get an MRI next for more info. Wanted to post this, so if anyone goes down the road Im on and being able to painfully feel everything happening in their chest, it just might be nerves that are irritated and magnifying other activity.
Thanks for posting.  I hope you get better.