Aneurysm Community
Aortic Aneurysm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Aneurysms.

Aortic Aneurysm

what is the symptoms for aortic aneurysm...
Hi!
The symptoms of aortic aneurysm depend on whether the aneurysm is in thoracic or abdominal part.
Thoracic aortic aneurysm presents with chest and upper back pain, increased heart rate, nausea, vomiting, and cold and clammy skin. If it is a big aneurysm, it can press on nearby structures causing hoarseness of voice, neck swelling, difficulty in swallowing and breathing.
Abdominal aortic aneurysm presents with pain in abdomen and back, increased heart rate, nausea, vomiting, and cold and clammy skin.
If any of these aneurysms leak or burst, it can cause a life threatening situation and even death. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Hi!

Can  teens have AAA? I am 15 year old boy, never smoked,drink and no family history of AAA.
didnot know all of this,so thank you very very much, will
Hi!
Well, though AAA is common in males, it has a genetic predisposition when it presents early. Usually it is a condition of late 50s and older people (though can occur at any age). Obesity and smoking increase the risk of AAA. So, since you do not have a genetic predisposition (no one in your family has it), are very young, do not smoke, you are less likely to be suffering from it. However, if you suffer from any symptom I have mentioned in my earlier post, do consult your doctor. Take care!

Oftentimes, an aortic aneurysm will have no symptoms and will be discovered on a scan for something else.  
Just a few years ago, i just barely made it to the ER, CAS MY DISEASE GOT SO BAD, I could not speak, or even swallow! I am asymptomatic. I was diagnosed with epiglititis, & admitted to ICU, where i had a full recovery! I was well up to a year ago, then i went to another hospital, 7 for some reason, they thought i had NMS, but they were feeding me Abilify?, Which made me much worse, with permanent droopy eye syndrom (syndrome), perifial eye vision, cateracts, glacoma, & now i think i might have contacted water on the brain! They wont give me a MRI, with contrast. I asked for a referral to a neuro-surgeon, but was denied. I cannot even chew, unless i do tremendous amounts of pain medicine, & i just recently noticed my short term memory is getting so bad, & irritability is kick in! I use to have so much serenity! I am trying to get the nerve to call back 1 of the best hospitals, plus the BRAIN institute, also has been very nice to me. I am very worried just a plain MRI, will not show signs of an aneurism (aneurysm). I was told i was going to get a mri with contrast, but just found out the nurse never ordered it! I questioned her on it, & she told me i was not a doctor, & get more rest! I am so scared of the medical industry in my state. They r trying to say, i am dilutional!