Back pain and strong pulse in abdomen??
Hi there,

About two weeks ago, I started feeling a deep stabbing pain in my upper back underneath my left shoulder blade when I breathe in or sit in certain positions. I went to the doctor and she said it sounds like costochondritis. I don't think it is (now that I have learned about it), because it doesn't hurt to the touch, and I don't feel any swelling or chest pain.

Well for the past couple days I have been experiencing a strange new feeling. I thought it felt like a weird "popping" feeling, but not painful. It is directly below my sternum in my extreme upper abdomen, in between my ribs. I have just been dismissing it, thinking I was just being dramatic. Tonight I was just resting, watching TV, and I put my hand there to feel it, and I noticed that it is my heart beating. It isn't constant. It happens for a few minutes, multiple times per day. And when it does happen, it isn't every single heart beat, it's just some heart beats. It is VERY noticeable, and strong. Noticeable enough to distract me from what I am doing (again, noticeable, not painful). I have never felt this before in my life. I googled the symptoms and kept coming up with aortic aneurysm. I know that googling symptoms is a BAD idea and usually is quite wrong.

Two nights ago I fainted very briefly (a few seconds) for the first time in my life.

Can anyone tell me what this may be? I have another appointment tomorrow, I am just wondering if anyone has any insight...
Hi!
Pain under the left shoulder blade is usually a referred pain from abdomen like stomach ulcers, acidity, pancreatitis, or ectopic pregnancy or from the chest like in heart attack, pericarditis, pleuritis, pneumonia, pulmonary embolus, and aortic dissection. All the causes except acidity can be serious, and need to be ruled out immediately. Howevere, most likely, you could be having a strong gastric reflux or hiatal hernia—both can cause popping sound with fluid coming up.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!
Sorry to post in this one so long after it has been answered, I am a 22 year old male 40 pounds over wieght, I have been having lower back pain and I can feel my pulse in my stomach, even see it when I lie down.  What are the chances I have an AAA?  I know it is much less likely but would like actual numbers on it.  Thanks in advance